Emily's Creations

stuff i make, things i do, places i go. i'll post my projects and activities here. please leave comments! i like banjo music. follow me on twitter @ ehlcreations http://twitter.com/ehlcreations

Thursday, July 31, 2008

whoa! she's alive!

yes yes, bla bla bla

what have i been up to? in a nutshell...

* school! yah, i'm officially in grad school now and took my third class during the first summer session. that ended, thankfully, 7/21.
* work! i got a great new job at my current association that gives me more responsibility, travel and moolah!
* travel! a week in sexy kansas city, mo. not so awesome.
* vacation! i'm taking this week and next week off in between my old and new jobs. i'm not really planning on going anywhere, and i'm really bored already.
* computer! bought a new macbook. sweet.
* photos! i had a show of my Polaroid prints at the awesome Java Shack near me. My prints were only supposed to be up for the month of May, but I finally took them down in July!
* food! i'm trying to move towards a more bean-focused diet to replace the meat protein i'm not getting. i like beans, anyway. i think they're super tasty. save your jokes.

last week i tried this recipe, originally from about.com here
  • 2 cups mashed garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
  • 1 stalk celery, diced
  • 1 carrot, grated
  • 1/2 onion, minced
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • oil for frying

Preparation:

Mash together all ingredients, except oil, thoroughly. Form into patties and lightly fry on each side in oil until golden brown. You can also barbecue these veggie burgers on a hot grill.

all i did was add some cumin, and you know how much i hate cumin. they are really good. i got four patties out of this mix.
make the patties

then i cooked them up. i need to work on my fry practice.
fry 'em up

i put my burger on a bun, which is kind of silly, but a later version had muenster cheese and dijon mustard. i'm salivating just typing this.
chick pea burger

also went on another photo day trip to pearmund cellers. here i am in no condition to drive home yet. (i spent another two hours there after this pic was taken, so relax.) i took two awesome rolls, then lost one! argh. i was so upset. you can imagine how relieved i was when i found the lost roll....in the bottom of the washing machine. >sigh< emily drinks wine

so, what have YOU been up to?

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8/05/2008 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yum, I could survive on chickpeas alone. They are the best food I know. I have a great Morocco style tajine recipe with chickpeas, remind me to mail it to you. In general I dare to argue that lentils don't get the honor they deserve.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home