Emily's Creations

stuff i make, things i do, places i go. i'll post my projects and activities here. please leave comments! i like banjo music. follow me on twitter @ ehlcreations http://twitter.com/ehlcreations

Friday, August 10, 2007

taxidermists are our friends


i'll post AR pics when i get home tonight....if i get home. my 1235 flight was canceled and i'm waiting for a 335 to take me to o'hare, then eventually home. considering my luck at o'hare, i might finish up my crochet work here to make myself a pillow on which i may sleep tonight.

had i known that i'd be stuck here for an extra 3 hours, i probably would have gone to the clinton library for real, and not just looked around the lobby and pished in the bathroom. i did learn that FDR was the first president driven around in an armored car after the attack on pearl harbor. at the time, the only armored car the secret service could get right away had been confiscated from al capone in 1934. it was a black and green bulletproof 1928 341A cadillac town sedan weighing 9,000 pounds. here's the whole story.

free wifi in the airport at LIT. that's making this a smidge more tollerable.

*smidge.*

like the deer? he looks so real, it's almost like he wasn't shot in the woods while eating!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8/12/2007 4:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you home yet? I hope the WIFI made up for the inconvenience. I look forward to the AR pics!

 
At 8/12/2007 4:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...! I just noticed that you recently watched Stranger than Fiction! How did you like it? We rented it two weeks ago and I thought it was great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home