Emily's Creations

stuff i make, things i do, places i go. i'll post my projects and activities here. please leave comments! i like banjo music. follow me on twitter @ ehlcreations http://twitter.com/ehlcreations

Monday, May 28, 2007

I don't know what the hell I'm doing here. I'm 237 years old, I should be collecting social security.

several updates and notes! this is a long post. go me.

* totally love that movie. the giant banana, man. terrific. too bad woody allen is such a creep now. (name that movie and win a prize! hint...it's listed somewhere here on the blog.)

* i stayed in all day on saturday. unknowingly got into the shower with my glasses on and scared the crap out of myself. cleaned up my apartment. very proud of myself. today i continued on that path and worked on my craft "area" which is basically everywhere but the oven.

* my bunny is so sweet, i can't stand it. right now she's bathing...again. earlier this morning i was at my desk and had no idea where she was. i decided to start my day-off errands and stood up. i kicked the rabbit. she looked up at me and snuggled back into her spot, not getting up. so that's where she was...
pat on the head

* dante's booties were a hit at the bbq at his mom and dad's house yesterday in annapolis...sort of. the blue ones were too small. the pink ones fit well, so now i know that the smallest size will just be impractical. baby dalia is a few months older and had a fun time playing with the shoes. apparently i make tasty shoes. i'm going to make her a fuzzy bunny (eventually.) (i also figured out how to make the bottoms grippy today...rubber cement. the smell will fade after the glue is totally dry.) danielle was not happy about her son wearing pink shoes, but she's just going to have to get over that. he was just my tester, and what a lovely tester he was!
DSC04353.JPG
DSC04355.JPG

* also figured out centerpieces for danielle's wedding. my mom and i found candles at the restaurant supply depot...now i'm looking for gold colored 14" or 16" round platters that we can use as a base...preferably a plastic-y. preferably ones that don't cost $30 each, as we need about 20 of them. also got glass pebbles in yellowy-brownish colors to surround the candles on the platter. we will put 5 on each platter. that's the centerpiece idea for now. thoughts? something low and simple is desired. i'm totally a "less is more" person when it comes to these kinds of things, and i'm glad i've been given this job! (i'm also doing welcome bags for out of town guests, but we're not going to start on those until about october.)

* here is the latest on lucas's sweater. i'm pretty sure his dad is not interested in how i'm "almost done" with this piece or that piece, much less with my knitting in general. i bet he doesn't think i'll finish this one either. (reminder!) here are the front and back. i also have part of a sleeve done.
front and back of lucas's sweater

* i had some extra gray yarn from the pot holder experiment last week, so i made this little bag. i'll felt it on the next go 'round. how will the flower come out? i don't know how much the whole thing will shrink. this is another experiment. once it's done, i'll add a zipper on top.
crocheted bag (pre felt)

here's another dante pic...just because he's so cute.
DSC04364.JPG

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 6/04/2007 4:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaahw, he's so cute. Well, imho, a toddler with the wonderful poetic name Dante is entitled to wear pink booties.

 
At 6/05/2007 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sleeper


What do i win?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home